Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 July 2019

Card Making - Embossing a Red & Black Card

I have bought a brand new embossing folder that is quite a bit thicker than the ones I normally use in my machine. In today's blog, I note how to make adjustments for this, while I make a very simple, yet elegant black and red card. I show you how to do this in the step by step instructions in today's blog. There is also a short video with the steps at the end of the blog.


I start on a sheet of red paper.


I place this inside my embossing folder. After experimenting, I found that I needed to use a cutting plate and only a thin metal plate in the Go Cut & Emboss machine, or the sandwich would be too thick for the machine.


The embossed paper.


I cropped the paper to the required size.


I then cropped a black sheet of paper to use as matting behind the red paper.


I used double-sided tape to attach the layers to the card and to each other.


I found a white card and envelope in my stash.


I used a black Artline marker to draw a frame around the edge of the red paper.


I then found Penolope Dee stamps to stamp a sentiment on the card.


I used Midnight Black VersaMagic ink to stamp the sentiment with.


I used Great Impressions Clear Embossing Powder to sprinkle on top of the wet ink.


I shook the excess powder off the card.


I used a heatgun to melt the powder to a shiny finish.


I stuck the image down off-centre on the card.


I used Tombow glue to glue rhinestones onto the side of the card,


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/fYUW1vPx9DU


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment