Search This Blog

Sunday 28 July 2019

ICAD 2019 Week 6 by Miekie Part 2

The inspiration for the ICAD 2019 challenge in week 6, was colour, colour wheels and colour charts. It was with this in mind, that I approached the cards that I had prepared on the Gelli Plate for this week. I deicded that I also wished to include some quotes and things found in books that I had received as gifts over the years. I show you how I incorporated all of these elements in the challenge, in today's blog.


I use these index cards for the challenge.


In the previous blog, I had prepared the backgrounds for today's cards, using a Gelli Plate. This is what I continue working on today.


I wish to incorporate these little books that I had been given as gifts through the years.


Day 36
The theme for Day 36 was Thesaurus. This is what the prepared card for this day looked like when I started on it.


I would use Die Klein Aanhalingsboek in this card. It translates to The Small Book of Quotations.


I found a quote I liked.


I tore it carefully from the page.


I tore all around it. It reads: Words are like washing pegs with which we try to peg our thoughts.


Zellen had given me their Matt Gel Medium to test for journaling and I figured I'd see how it faired as a decoupage medium.


I found it was a very thick paste.


I smeared medium on the back of the quote.


I painted more medium on the front of the quote, after placing on the card.


I sprayed the quote with K-Craft Shimmer Mist.


I accented two of the corners with Liquid Drops 3d Pearls in Gold.


This is what the completed Index Card for Day 36 looks like.


Day 37
The theme for Day 37 was Botanical. This is what the prepared card for this day looked like when I started on it.


I found die cuts in the Signature Collection from Art by Marlene to use on my card.


I used double-sided and 3D tape to adhere the die cuts to the card.


I used an Artline marker to add detail to the card and to draw legs for the bird.


This is what the completed Index Card for Day 37 looks like.


Day 38
The theme for Day 38 was Clue. This is what the prepared card for this day looked like when I started on it.


I wanted to use this book for this theme.


I found a quote I liked and favoured the picture as well.


I cut out both pages.


I used double-sided and 3D tape to adhere the cut-outs to the card.


I used 3D Pearls to accentuate the corners.


This is what the completed Index Card for Day 38 looks like.


Day 39
The theme for Day 39 was Colour Chart. This is what the prepared card for this day looked like when I started on it.


I wished to use this book for the card.


I pulled out a page I liked.


I cropped the quote.


I used 3D tape to adhere it to the card.


I found die cuts in the Signature Collection from Art by Marlene to use on my card.


I used Tombow glue, double-sided and 3D tape to adhere the die-cuts to the card.


This is what the completed Index Card for Day 39 looks like.


Day 40
The theme for Day 40 was Blueprint. This is what the prepared card for this day looked like when I started on it.


I wanted to use these stickers on the card.


I also wanted to use this book on the card.


I found a quote I liked.


I cropped the quote.


I used 3D tape and squares to stick it to the card.


I used Shimmer Mist to prevent the buttefly from disappearing into the background.


This is what the completed Index Card for Day 40 looks like.


Day 41
The theme for Day 41 was Card Catalogue. This is what the prepared card for this day looked like when I started on it.


I found die cuts in the Signature Collection from Art by Marlene to use on my card.


I folded the tab.


I put double-sided tape on both ends of the tab.


I clamped the tab onto the card from both sides.


I used Tim Holtz Distress Stain to colour the tabs so they would not be so stark white.


I used Tombow glue to glue the leaf onto the card.


I used a Rolfes Metallic Marker to write the sentiment 'keeping tabs on you' on the card.


I rewrote the sentiment with an Artline marker inside the first marker.


I added detail to the leaf.


This is what the completed Index Card for Day 41 looks like.


Day 42
The theme for Day 42 was Key Chain or Charm. This is what the prepared card for this day looked like when I started on it.


I used Distress Stain to colour a paper doilie.


I used Tombow glue to glue the doilie to the card, after I cut it to pieces.


I returned to this sticker for accents.


I found what I was looking for.


I returned to this book for a quote.


I cut the quote from the book.


I used double-sided tape to glue it to the card.


I used Distress Stain to colour it.


I used an Artline marker to draw a stitch frame around it.


This is what the completed Index Card for Day 42 looks like.


This is what the completed set of Index Cards for Week 6 of ICAD 2019 looks like.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/Xrr53njNEWo


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment