Search This Blog

Monday 1 July 2019

Card Making Embossing & Die Cutting Heads Turning

For today's card, I use an embossing folder that I have already used for a previous card. That particular card was made to be very manly, as it was intended for my dad. However, today, I go in the complete opposite direction, making it a soft and feminine card, even though it has an intricate gear system in its pattern. This goes to show how versatile these designs can be. Of course, we are still putting the embossing and die-cutting machines through their paces in this blog.


I put a sheet of sugar paper through my Go Cut & Emboss machine, snugly tucked into a Kazer Crafts embossing folder. The pressure proved too much for the soft paper and some elements were cut, rather than simply embossed. I decided to use this in my favour, rather than discarding the sheet and starting over.


I cropped the embossed sheet to size.


I folded a purple A4 sheet of cardboard in half to form a card.


I inked the raised embossed images with Ranger Archival Ink.


I then found this 8"x8" craft paper, which I cut to be just larger than my embossed paper.


I glued the back of the embossed paper.


I layered the embossed and craft paper onto my card with double-sided glue tape.


I glued the element that was cut from the design in the embossing stage, to the side of the card with Tombow glue.


I put tiny dots of glue on the ends of the string I wish to use on the card to keep it from fraying.


I stick the chord to the card with Tombow glue.


I then write my sentiment with stickers on the cut-off piece of paper, when I cut the matting. It reads in Afrikaans, 'You make my head turn.'


I stick this to the card with double-sided tape.


I lay this inside the two strips of chord.


I lay down a line of glue dots on the side of the card.


I put rhinestone embellishments on the glue dots.


The completed card. Again, the bad lighting obscures the colours a little.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/FJcDdFrb-uI


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment