Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 July 2019

ICAD 2019 Week 5 by Miekie Part 2

We have reached Week 5 of the ICAD 2019 challenge to create an Index Card A Day. I had lots of fun testing out my new gelli plate when preparing the surfaces for these cards. I showed you all about this in the previous blog. In today's blog, I take it one step further when I put the finishing touches on these prepared cards. The inspiration for Week 5 was natural elements, texture, rust, dye, fibre, jute, thread & organic shapes.


I used this Gelli Plate to prepare the index cards for this week's challenge.


I start today's blog with these prepared index cards.


Day 29
The theme for day 29 was Terra Cotta. I used this prepared card for the challenge.


I had pretty much already covered the theme in the surface preparation colours. I chose to stencil some words on my card with W&M stamps.


I used white Pretty Colour Ink.


I stamped the letters onto the card.


I covered it in embossing powder.


I shook off the excess powder.


I heat set the powder with a heat gun.


My card now looked like this.


I used a gold Rolfes marker to draw a border around the card.


I found these two pictures in my stash and cut them out.


I mounted them with 3D double-sided tape.


The completed index card for Day 29.


Day 30
The theme for Day 30 was Lemon or Lemonade. I used this prepared card for the challenge.


I used Tim Holtz Disress Stain to stain a paper doilie.


I also found this picture of a lemon in my stash.


I cut the doilie into pieces.


I used Tombow glue to glue the doilie onto the card.


I cut double matting for my picture.


I used double-sided tape to matt the picture.


I used 3D tape to glue the picture to the card.


I used a green marker to colour the stark white line at the top.


The completed index card for Day 30.


Day 31
The theme for Day 31 was Mis-matched. I used this prepared card for the challenge.


I found diecuts from the Signature Collection from Art by Marlene to use.


I used an Artline marker to draw a frame around the card.


I used 3D tape to mount the diecuts.


I added sparkle to the diecuts by painting them with Glitter Glue.


The completed index card for Day 31.


Day 32
The theme for Day 32 was Caramel. I used this prepared card for the challenge.


I used a Gotto Turbo Glitter Marker to draw a frame around the card. I also accentuated the beehive with the marker.


I found K-Craft clear stamps to use.


I used VersaMagic black ink to stamp with.


I used clear embossing powder on the ink.


I shook off the excess ink and heatset the embossing powder.


I then decided to add a black frame with a Giotto marker.


The completed index card for Day 32.


Day 33
The theme for day 33 was Ogee, which is a continuous or repetitive S-shape. I used this prepared card for the challenge.


I added sparkle to the fish with Mont Marte Glitter acrylic paint.


I used a Giotto Turbo Glitter Marker to draw a frame around the card.


I found K-Craft clear stamps to use with Pretty Colour white ink.


I put gold embossing powder on top of the white ink.


I shook off the excess powder and heat set the embossing powder with a heat gun.


The completed index card for Day 33.


Day 34
The theme for Day 34 was Constellation. I used this prepared card for the challenge.


I had bought make-up brushes and found this enchanting packaging paper behind the brushes.


I cut the moon from the packaging paper.


I used double-sided tape to adhere it to the card.


I found this diecut from the Art by Marlene Signature Collection.


I used 3D double-sided tape to mount it.


The completed index card for Day 34.


Day 35
The theme for Day 35 was Pine Tree. I used this prepared card for the challenge.


I found these diecuts in the Signature Collection from Art by Marlene to use.


I spritzed Shimmer Mist by K-Craft over the card.


I used Tombow glue to adhere the flower to the card.


I used 3D squares to adhere the words to the card.


I used a black Sharpie marker to draw a frame around the card.


The completed index card for Day 35.


The completed index card for Week 5.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/90DW9vnOo5E


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment