Search This Blog

Thursday 6 December 2018

Cardmaking: Heartbeat Cut with Cricut

For today's project, I use a single heart, cut on the Cricut cutter, to declare my love for someone special. Some string and a couple of strips of coordinating paper is all that I need to make this dramatic card successful. I do add a small gel sticker at the bottom of the card as well. This is done so that I can avoid adding complex wording, letting the image speak for itself.


This is the layout that I cut on the Cricut Expression 2.


Feed the sheet into the machine.


Remove the backing and cutouts from the cutting sheet.


These are all of the shapes that I cut with the above layout.


I start with an A4 sheet of black cardboard.


I fold this in half to serve as a card.


I then draw a random heartbeat on the cover of the card, using Tombow glue.


I lay string down on the glue line.


I apply 3-D squares to the back of a heart, cut with the Cricut.


I stick this down over the string. I also stick a line of coordinating paper at the bottom of the card.


Another strip of coordinating paper is stuck to the bottom of the card.


One more strip of paper is stuck to the top of the card.


Lastly, I stick a gel sticker to the bottom of the card.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps shared above, on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/Dy50BuJEcYc


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment