Search This Blog

Saturday 8 December 2018

Art Journal: Rest In God's Provision

I am on leave. It is a wonderful time of rest and silence after a very busy and hectic term loaded with conflict upon conflict. I have to marvel at the amount of conflict teachers are confronted with. It is conflict with the learners, conflict with the parents, the system, the school management team, and then, as if this wasn't enough, there are the internal conflicts with peers. I had to contemplate whether this was all worth it. Today's art journal is a comment on this. I suppose a shift in focus is necessary. I take my lesson from the birds.


I start today's blog with a white chalk pencil on black paper.


I start by drawing the first lines of a teacup and saucer.


I rest a second cup inside the first cup.


I add more detail and complete the lines of the cups.


Yet more detail is added to the cups.


I draw a small bird to stand on the bottom cup, while drinking from the top cup.


I start the colouring process with soft pastels. The bird is coloured in shades of yellow and orange.


The top cup is painted in shades of pink.


The bottom cup is coloured in purples and blues.


I then fix the colours by spraying the illustration with fixative.


I start my journalling with a white paint marker, but this marker has been defective since I had bought it and I need to give up on using it before I am done, to prevent making too much of a mess on my paper.


I complete my writing with a poly chromos pencil and draw a small bird in song, at the bottom of my page.


The journalling reads as follows: "Racing towards the finish line, it sometimes becomes necessary to stop and rest. Take time out, listen to the jubilant songs of the birds.They have learned a great truth; they do not reap or sow, they do not toil or strife, yet they lack for nothing. We are worth infinitely more to our Father, than those birds. Is it not time that we learned to trust God to take care of us? So, let us cast our burdens on His shoulders, and praise Him for His provision."


The complete spread.


You can watch a short compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/6ufnl-OQsz4


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment