Search This Blog

Thursday 20 December 2018

Art Journal: Life is Complex

It is not always easy to make sense of life. The issues we are confronted with, are often tremendously complex and challenging, making it difficult to differentiate between right and wrong. It is also not always easy to discern whether it is time to go, or to stay, to push ahead, or to wait. It were these thoughts that led me to today's art journal. I share the steps with you in this blog.


I start today's project with a white charcoal pencil on black paper.


I draw the simple shape of a turtle on the page, but this is a multi-faceted turtle.


I start by colouring the facets of the turtle. Some areas are coloured green.


I follow this up with blue.


I then move on to purple.


It is time to introduce the warm colours. I do this with yellow and orange.


I then add some vibrant pinks.


I end with intensely warm reds.


I spray the drawing with fixative to prevent it from smudging.


I then use a white paint marker to write the words for this page in my journal. It reads as follows: "Life is complex and multi-faceted and doesn't always move at our desired pace. Be patient."


The final spread in my journal.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps shared above, on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/4fRo3Y0s5hE


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment