Search This Blog

Saturday 20 October 2018

Sew Your Own Lace Curtains

On my way home from work today, I made an impromptu stop at the fabric store less than a block away from my house. All of a sudden, I knew I'd had enough of my exposed windows. Then and there, I decided to buy netting to make inner curtains for the large windows in my lounge/studio. I bought 18 metres of fabric and managed to hang the curtains that same evening still. In today's blog I show you how easy it is to sew your own lace curtains.


The first step is to measure the window, which I had done before I bought the fabric for the curtains already. Then you need to cut the fabric into lengths that would fit your window. Add 10-15 cm to the length for hems and tubes.


I did not want my curtains to open up in the middle and therefore I sewed all nine lengths to each other with side seams. I also seamed the two side edges of the curtains.


Pin the tube into a rolled hem at the top of the curtain.


Sew the whole width of the curtain.


Sew a hem at the bottom of the curtain.


Screw a hook into the curtain wire.


Push the curtain wire through the tube.


All that remains to do, is to hook the curtains into place!


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment