Search This Blog

Thursday 4 October 2018

Cardmaking: Sweethearts from Circles

I started this little mini series off with six sheets of cardboard. In today's blog, I show you how to make the fifth, and last of the cards from the original six sheets. We once again use circles to make this card, although this time our circles come in the form of buttons. Buttons, cardboard and a black marker is all you need to make this sweet and effective sweetheart card.


This is all I have left of my cardboard after making the previous four cards.


I rummage through my craft buttons to find some that will work for this project.


I then fold the leftover sheet of red cardboard in half to form a card.


I use my Tombow glue to stick two buttons on the card. These will represent the heads of my two sweethearts.


I then draw a skew triangle to form the dress of the girl I am drawing. I add a frill at the hem of the dress with a line of scallops. I also add very simple limbs.


The boy's body is even simpler than that of the girl. A long line with a slight angle is all that is needed to draw the boy. Add a shoe, an arm and a hand.


I now switch to a black marker with a finer point and draw little hearts all around the two figures.


I found a wooden heart among my buttons, which I stick down to form part of the wording on my card. If you do not have a similar button, you can simply use your marker to draw and colour a large heart where I have stuck down the button.


I write a simple 'I' and 'U' next to the heart. Then I draw two curved Cupid's arrows under the writing to complete the card.


The final card.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment