Search This Blog

Sunday 14 October 2018

Art Journal: Bloom in the Rain

It is a bit of a rough time at work and I have very little time to be creative. Yet, these are the times that I find that I need most to relax with my art supplies. I am therefore not coming up with anything original at this stage, but I am taking time to recreate pictures and ideas that have left an impression on me when I discovered them on the internet. Today, I share another one of these that made it into my black drawing book. Somehow, this once again turned into a mini journal page.


I start again on black paper, but this time I do not use a chalk pencil to do my drawing with. Instead, I use a white Rembrandt-Polycolor pencil.


I draw two very simple gumboots on the paper. Note that this pencil can also easily be erased, using a black eraser.


I then draw a simple flower arrangement to spill out of the boots, some rain drops, and a puddle on the ground.


I will be using Derwent Inktense to colour the picture. These come in pencils, as well as in...


... blocks. They are water-soluble, although I will not be making use of this feature for this project.


I start by colouring the boots a bright yellow.


I then colour the flowers white with orange and lime centres.


I colour the stems of the flowers, as well as the drops.


Lastly, I colour the puddles on the ground.


I then use a white Posca marker to write: 'Storms and rain wield a diverse crop of flowers. - Miekie.' I use the white pencil to fill the space on the page with a flower pot with more blooms spilling out of it.


The final double page spread.


You can also watch a short video compiled of the photos above at: https://youtu.be/iHJZkRtOzF8


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment