Search This Blog

Friday 12 October 2018

Art Journal: Basking in the Sun

I am thoroughly enjoying the black drawing book I bought myself recently. Today, when I returned from work, I was slightly upset by something that had happened. I decided to sit myself down and focus my mind on more positive matters. I found a picture on the internet that appealed to my state of mind and immediately decided to do a short journal on it. I walk you through the steps in today's blog.


I start with a chalk pencil on black paper.


I sat myself down at the computer and drew the design directly off the screen. I started with the cow.


The pig was drawn on the back of the cow.


Then I drew the chicken on top of the pig.


I then sat myself down at my art station. I decided to use a combination of soft pastel bars and soft pastel pencils to paint the drawing with. The chicjen was done in red and white.


The pig was done in pink and green.


The cow was done in white and blue. Notice how I allowed the black of the paper to become a part of the drawing.


I then added some grasses on the ground for the trio to stand on.


It came time to fix the pastels with a fixative to prevent it from smudging.


The final drawing.


The thought I had been toying with while I was doing this was penned on the opposite page with a white Posca marker: 'Sometimes you have to carry someone else's weight for a little while, so they can also bask in the sun for a little while - Miekie.'


The final project.


You can watch a short video compilation of the photos in the blog here:
 https://youtu.be/b3VNIpgBmxQ


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment