Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Travel Journaling: Using Your Adult Colouring Pictures Part 1

It is no secret that I simply love to travel. When I do, I love to take loads of photos and bring back as many memories as possible. You are probably no different from me in this regard. Being a crafter, you probably also like to journal those memories. We do exactly that in today's blog when I show you how to incorporate your adult colouring pages into your journaling. The design I use comes from my book Designs By Miekie 1.


Designs By Miekie 1consists of 50 line drawings with images that you can use in your arts and crafts projects. For today's project, I have selected to use this lady with her luggage at the bus stop as this is something I am looking forward to doing soon.


I slip the original underneath a sheet of printer paper and trace the design. I will be using the bus stop sign as is for my project, but you can easily change this to air port or harbour, if you prefer. Or perhaps you prefer to add the name of a destination?


I will now colour my drawing using Derwent Coloursoft pencils.


You can choose your own colour theme, but I chose a vibrant and energetic red palette for my own.


I start on the dots and the trimmings.


The bus stop sign is coloured in the same shade of red. I then use rubbing alcohol to blend the colouring work. This saves a lot of time and effort in smoothing out the colouring in.


Can you see the effect that the rubbing alcohol has on the picture? Notice how grainy it still appears in the top right corner, compared to the bottom left corner.


It is now time to colour the suitcase.


The edges of the case gets a darker treatment.


I then again use the rubbing alcohol to blend the colours.


The colours are repeated in the hat.


A very pale pink is used in the clothes.


The lips and buttons are coloured.


The skin is coloured.


The eyes, hair and make-up is up next.


Once the picture is coloured, you can use it as is, or you may opt to cut it out, as I will do. If you keep it as is, you may want to colour the background as well.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment