Search This Blog

Saturday 15 July 2017

Cardmaking: To Colour Or To Paint Part 2

In the previous blog I showed you how to turn your coloured works into paintings. Today, we will turn those paintings into fun cards to celebrate a special birthday for twin girls. The designs were taken from my book Designs By Miekie 1.


We start with the two pictures we have coloured and painted in the previous blog.


I found this lovely sheet of 12" x 12" patterned cardstock that goes beautifully with the theme of the butterflies as well as with the palette I've used.


I divide the page in half so that I now have two pieces, each measuring 6" x 12".


I fold these in half so that I have two cards, each measuring 6" x 6".


All of the paper pieces in the project are glued to each other by using double-sided tape.


I measure the size of my designs and find them to be 12 cm x 8,5 cm each.


I cut coordinating paperstock to matt the designs on. These are cut to measure 13 cm x 9,5 cm each.


The designs are then matted onto the backing paper.


These, in turn, are then stuck down on the cards.


I find some ready-made die-cut wording and slogans to use on the cards.


These are mounted on the card with 3D double-sided tape and 3D double-sided squares.


Even though I follow similar steps and use similar embellishments, I vary things ever so slightly to keep the cards similar without being identical.


I will now add rhinestone flowers which I will glue down with Tombow glue. Again, note the slight differences in the layout of these embellishments.


The one pattern of flowers.


The other pattern of flowers.


A completed card.


A second completed card.


A set of two cards.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment