Search This Blog

Sunday 5 March 2017

Make A Charm & Bead Bracelet With Matching Earrings

I have shared a blog with you in which I made a charm bracelet. Today's blog can be seen as a continuation on that one. We take it one step further in today's blog, when we 'weave' beads onto the charm bracelet, although I do start a new charm bracelet from scratch. To top it off, I then make a cute pair of matching earrings for the bracelet.


I had only a tiny piece of chain left over to work with and gathered all of the remnant pieces.


I realized the chain I wanted to use would fit the young recipient at this stage, but that she would need to be able to extend it in years to come. I therefore used a jump ring to connect a finer chain the to main chain as future extension.


I added a single ring to the fine chain to hook the clasp into. This ring can move down the chain as the bracelet needs to be made larger.


On the other end, I used a jump ring to connect a lobster claw clasp to the main chain.


I now had a very basic chain bracelet.


I selected a couple of charms. I would use jump rings to connect these to the main chain.


Spread the charms out and connect them to the bracelet.


I liked the links on the leftover chain and separated them to add these for decorative purposes.


These added chain links gave the bracelet a little more body.


Progress photo. It was now time to start adding the beads.


I cut a piece of thread slightly longer than the bracelet.


I wove the thread through the unused links of the bracelet.


Every so often, I would stop to slip a bead on the thread.


I repeated this until the whole bracelet was beaded.


Ideally, I would have loved to have slipped large crimp beads onto the thread. I would then slip the thread through the last link and back through the crimp bead, before using my pliers to squash the bead flat, securing the thread to the chain. I did not have crimp beads that were large enough to do this and settled for knotting the thread to the chain, a less secure option, that I will fix as soon as the suppliers open again. For this reason, I do not trim the knots.


The bracelet was now done and I put it aside.


Starting on the earring, I use jump rings to connect a charm to each earring hook.


I use the links of the pretty chains once again, connecting them to the same jump rings.


I then find a rise pendant, similar beads and eye pins.


I slip the bead onto the eye pin, followed by the pendant.


I use my round-nosed pliers to bend the end of the pin over, securing the pendant in the newly-formed eye.


The other end of the pin is slipped into the jump ring on the earring, finishing off the earrings.


A pretty set to present to a lucky young lady.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs to receive regular updates by email, by simply registering your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment