Search This Blog

Friday 2 August 2019

ICAD 2019 Week 7 by Miekie Part 1

It is week 7 of the ICAD 2019 challenge and the prompts for this week was Landscapes, Maps, Cartography and Geography. In the past week, I have made my own homemade gelli plate and was keen to put this to the test to see how it fared against the expensive one that I had purchased. I therefore once again use a gelli plate to prepare the backgrounds for the challenge. In the next blog, we'll complete these index cards.


I use these index cards for the challenge.


Here is my homemade gelli plate (left) next to the original Gelli Plate (right).


The index card barely fits on the plate.


I use Dala Acrylic paint to brayer onto the plate. I spritz the paint with water to dilute it.


I add Bianjo acrylic paint in a contrasting colour and brayer this on.


I use a fondant embosser and touch it to the palte to leave an impression in the wet paint.


I take the print by laying the card face down on the plate and brayering over it, in order to clear my brayer.


The first print on my homemade gelli plate.


I use Bianjo acrylic paint in gold and spritz it with water.


I brayer it onto the dirty plate.


I scgraffitto gently into the wet paint with a round ball-tipped tool.


I take the print.


My second print came out quite nice as well.


I then clean my plate with water.


I brayer a pale blue Bianjo acrylic paint onto the plate, after spritzing it with water.


I add silver.


The silver is roughly distributed.


I press a fondant mold onto the wet paint.


I repeat this a number of times.


I am now ready to take the print.


I take the print.


Yet another print that turned out beautifully.


I add Dala Payne's grey to the dirty plate.


I use a fondant embosser to touch the plate gently and leave an imprint in the wet paint.


I like how this is turning out.


I take the print.


This may very well be my favourite so far.


I switch to purples.


I spritz with water  and brayer the Bianjo acrylic paint onto the plate.


I make an impression on the plate with a fondant embosser.


I am ready to take the print.


I take the print.


I am bugged by the empty spot in the middle, but will work around it.


I use a warmer colour.


I brayer the paint onto the plate, having spritzed it with water.


I add silver.


I use a fondant cutter to make flower imprints in the wet paint.


I take the print.


I love how happy this card seems.


I am concerned that my homemade gelli plate is starting to show signs of wear and tear. I decide to take a final print before melting it down and resetting it. This worked well, as discussed in a previous blog.


I use bright red paint which is starting to dry. I mist it with water.


I brayer it onto the plate.


I add silver to the corners.


I brayer it.


I make imprints in the wet paint, using silicone molds.


The first imprint left.


More imprints are added on the edges.


I take the print.


I don't like the white lines on the sides.


I print only the sides.


The card has potential, but it is not a favourite as yet.


I now have seven cards prepared for the seventh week of the ICAD 2019 challenge.


In the next blog, I will show you how to finish this set of cards for the ICAD 2019 challenge.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/gTFRRIj8kIc


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment