Search This Blog

Saturday 10 August 2019

ICAD 2019 Week 9 by Miekie Part 2

Today I finally get to share the last blog for the ICAD 2019 challenge in which I had been making an Index Card A Day for the past 61 days. The inspiration for the last week of the challenge had been Printing, Stamping, Gelatin Printing and Hand-Carved Stamps. I prepped the index cards for this week on my Gelli Plate, and I shared the steps for doing this with you  in the preceding blog. Today we put the finishing touches on these last five cards before putting the challenge to bed.


I used these index cards for the ICAD 2019 challenge.


I have already prepared the surfaces in the previous blog and continue working on these prepared backgrounds.


Day 57
The theme for day 57 was Kite. I choose to use these small books for inspirational quotes to be used on the index cards.


I start day 57 on this prepared background.


I use the book titled Vriendin.


I'd like to use one of these quotes on the page.


I cut the quote from the book.


I crop it using a scalpel and steel ruler.


I use 3D foam to lift it from the page.


I then find two cute stamps to indicated friends and stamp the images using a Craft ink pad.


I sprinkle embossing powder over the wet stamped images. I shake the exess off and pour it back into the container.


I melt the embossing powder with a heat gun.


I use an Artline marker to draw a frame of small dots for the index card.


The completed index card for day 57.


Day 58
The theme for day 58 was lime green. I start day 58 on this prepared background.


I choose to use a quote from Die Klein Aanhalingsboek.


I use Tim Holtz Distress Ink to ink the quote.


I use a sponge dauber to ink the edges of the index card with Crystal Craft Ink.


I use a Rolfes Metallic Marker to make dots around the edges of the index card.


I use the marker to draw a line right on the edge of the quote.


I use 3D foam to adhere the quote to the index card.


The completed index card for day 58.


Day 59
The theme for day 59 was skeeball. I start day 59 on this prepared background.


I again take a quote from the book titled Die Klein Aanhalingsboek.


I ink the quote with Crystal Craft Ink.


I use a Rolfes Metallic Marker to draw small hearts right around the border of the card.


I use 3D foam to lift the sentiment off the index card.


I find a die-cut I wish to use in the book of die-cuts called the Signature Collection from Art by Marlene.


I mount the die-cut to the index card with 3D foam squares.


The completed index card for day 59.


Day 60
The theme for day 60 was accordion. I start day 60 on this prepared background.


I take a page from a small booklet called Miniboekie om te Inspireer.


I crop it along its frame.


I use a Rolfes Metallic Marker to make dots around the edges of the index card.


I mount the quote with 3D foam tape.


The completed index card for day 60.


Day 61
The theme for day 61 was symphony. I start day 61 on this prepared background.


I take a page from a book called The Sherlock Holmes Miniature book of Quotations.


I tear along the outline of the quote and ink the torn edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


I use 3D foam tape to adhere the quote to the card.


I use a Rolfes Metallic Marker to draw musical notation marks around the edges of the card.


The completed index card for day 61.


The completed set of index cards for the last week of ICAD 2019, week 9.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/qLZzs-oRMtY


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment