Search This Blog

Saturday 17 August 2019

Card Making: Key to Happiness

I have a stack of ICAD cards on my craft desk that I have zero purpose for. I looked them over and decided that they had real potential as cards. In due time I will be turning all of these into cards, but I start with this one that I recently turned into a card for a very dear friend of mine. This person incorporates joy in her being and I wanted to present her with a card that showed I appreciated this value in her.


I started the project on these index cards.


I used my Gelli Plate for the surface preparations.


I used Payne's Grey by Dala and dolloped the acrylic paint on the Gelli Plate.


I brayered the paint onto the plate.


I followed this with Daler Rowney Silver.


I brayered this as well.


I then found this embossing folder in my cake decorating stash.


I pressed the image onto the wet paint.


Pulling the embossing folder away, the image that was left on the plate looked like this.


I brayered an index card onto the plate.


This is the print I pulled away from the plate.


I made some hot glue embellishments in a silicone mold.


I coloured the embellishments with a Rolfes Metallic Marker.


I decided to use a quote from a book titled Put On Your Dancing Shoes.


I liked the image that went with the quote and decided to use this as well.


I cropped both elements using a scalpel and steel ruler.


I inked the edges using a VersaMagic inkpad.


I used 3D Squares to mount the elements to the card.


I cropped some black cardstock, left over from a previous project to mount the key on.


I inked the edges with a white Brilliance inkpad.


I used Tombow glue and double-sided tape to adhere these elements to the card.


My completed index card looked like this.


I then folded an A4 sheet of black cardboard in half to form a card.


I used double-sided tape to mount the index card to the card.


I also taped a note paper to the card, so that I could write a personal message on the inside of the card.


I used a Crystal Craft Ink Pad and a rubber stamp to stamp a sentiment onto the card.


I placed this in the top right corner of the card.


I then found a sheet of these butterfly stickers to embellish the card with.


I filled the empty spaces with the silver stickers.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/37O-TSKPKZM


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment