Search This Blog

Friday 9 August 2019

ICAD 2019 Week 9 by Miekie Part 1

It is the final week of the ICAD 2019 challenge! We have been creating an Index Card A Day for the past eight weeks and the end is here at last. It is a short week, with only five cards in the challenge. This time the inspiration for the week is Printing, Stamping, Gelatin Printing and Hand-Carved Stamps. As I will be prepping the backgrounds on my Gelli Plate anyway, we are already halfway there.


We use these index cards that is lined on one side and blank on the reverse, for our projects.


I will be preparing the backgrounds on a Gelli Plate.


I place a dollop of Bianjo acrylic paint on the gelli plate and spritz it with water to thin it.


Then I brayer the paint onto the plate.


I add a dollop yellow.


I brayer this very loosely, as I do not wish to create green.


I use a ball tool to draw a kite in the wet paint, as the theme for day 1 was kite.


I use a slightly dirty index card to take the print with.


I brayer the card onto the gelli plate.


This is the print I take.


I dollop green paint on the 'dirty' plate and spritz it with water to dilute the paint. The colour I choose is lime green, as this is the theme for day 2.


I brayer the paint onto the plate.


I will be using these Fondant Cutters to create an image on the plate.


I place the cutter on the plate without pressing down. I wiggle it very gently to create slightly bolder lines.


I lift the cutter away.


I brayer an index card onto the image.


This is the print I take.


I place a dollop of Iris acrylic paint on the 'dirty' gelli plate and spritz it with water to dilute it.


I place a fondant cutter on the gelli plate and gently wiggle it to make the lines appear bolder.


I lift the cutter away.


I brayer an index card over the print.


The print I take from the Gelli Plate. The theme for day 3 was Skeeball, and the closest I come to this theme is that you enjoy it with friends.


I place a dollop of acrylic paint onto the used gelli plate.


I spritz the paint with water to dilute it and brayer it onto the plate.


I gently place a couple of fondant cutters on the plate and rock them slightly so as to make the lines bolder. The theme for this day was accordion, and I choose to depict a family that expands the way that an accordion does.


I remove the fondant cutters.


I brayer an index card onto the images.


This is the print I pull away from the Gelli Plate.


I now add Bianjo paint to the plate and spritz it with water to dilute it.


I brayer the paint onto the plate.


The theme for the final day is symphony and I choose to use this set of Chiswick stamps on the print.


I carefully select the stamps I wish to use and mount them to my acrylic stamper tool.


I stamp into the wet paint.


I am left with a very feint impression of the stamped images.


I brayer an index card onto the images.


This is the print I pull from the Gelli Plate.


The completed set of backgrounds for Week 9 of ICAD 2019.


In the next blog I show you how I turned these backgrounds into index cards fit for ICAD 2019.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/RmERQ5UL_XE


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment