Search This Blog

Thursday 23 May 2019

Sew A Sleeveless Top

It is the turn of the season and I felt like some new clothes. However, instead of buying, I decided to make something for myself. I rummaged through my fabric stash and came across some fabric that I'd bought a couple of months ago already. I would turn this into a mix and match set for myself. In today's blog, show you how easy it is to sew a sleeveless top.


I had only a tiny bit of fabric left and decided to make myself a short sleeveless top from this. This top can be worn as is, or it could be worn over another long-sleeved top as part of an ensemble.


After the pattern is cut out, iron the stiffening onto the inner facing and overlock the seams. Pin the back and front facings at the shoulder.


Sew the shoulder seams.


Pin the back and front facings at the side seams.


Sew the side seams.


Pin the back and front of the top at the shoulders with right sides facing.


Sew the shoulder seams.


Pin the back and front at the side seams.


Sew the side seams.


Iron all of the sewn seams open. Pin the facing and the top at the neck opening, lining up the seams.


Sew the neck opening.


Notch the neck opening. Fold the facing in and iron flat.


Fold the hem in a double roll and pin. Sew the hem, or sew by hand for a tidier finish. Iron the hem flat.


Fold the arm openings in on both the top and the facings and pin.


Sew the arm openings by hand. Iron flat.


The finished top.


A similar top that I made from my leftover fabric.


A third top made on the same pattern.


The three tops side by side.


One of the completed sets I was making, with the tops included.


Another of the completed sets I was working on, with the top included.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/yKK9lzhZJc8


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment