Search This Blog

Saturday 4 May 2019

Make Your Own Make-Up - Blush

The latest bug to bite me, is one that sees me experimenting with making my own make-up. In the previous blog, I shared some tips  with you for making your own eye-shadow. In today's blog, I show you how to use normal everyday household ingredients to mix your own blush. I actually show you two different ways for doing this, even though there are even more ways, according to my internet searches. As soon as I sent my mom a photo of what I had done, she placed an order for herself. These are so cheap and easy to make, that you need never again run out of ideas for gifts.


The first method I wish to share with you, is for making Pressed Powder Blush. You will need baby powder, food colouring and water.


Squirt some powder into a clean bowl.


Drop some food colouring and water into the powder. I started with Pink food colouring.


Mix everything together. I tested this on my hand and found it too light for my personal taste.


I added a few more drops of colouring and mixed again. This time I was satisfied with the results of the colour test.


Scoop the contents into a small container.


Label the container.


Cut a small square of kitchen towel and lay it over the container.


Tamp it down with a round object that fits snugly inside your container.


This is what mine looked like when I removed the kitchen paper.


I then mixed a darker batch in the same manner, but this time I used red food colouring. After taking all the photos, I also mixed a medium red batch using half pink and half red food colouring.


The second method I wish to share with you, is for mixing Dry Powder Blush. You will need corn starch, cocoa, food colouring (preferably dry granules), an essential oil of your choice (I used Ylang Ylang), and either ground ginger or ground nutmeg.


I start with the draker batch, and for this I add ginger. The nutmeg will mix a lighter batch. I add corn starch, cocoa, food colouring and ground ginger to a clean bowl.


I mix all the dry ingredients together.


Then I add a few drops of essential oil.


Mix well. The oil will help the powder to adhere to your skin. See the test sample on my hand.


Scoop into a container.


Tamp down with a square of kitchen towel in between.


What it looked like when I was done.


I then started the whole process over, but this time I used nutmeg.


Mix everything together as before. See the test sample on my hand.


My first test samples of blush.


You can watch a short compilation video of the above steps on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/TnzrQ3vCwXw


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment