Search This Blog

Monday 6 May 2019

Make Your Own Make-Up - Eyeliner

A firm favourite in my make-up box, is the eyeliner. It has the ability to turn the eyes from dull to interesting with the drawing of a few fine lines. It is with this in mind that I experimented a bit on making eyeliner, as I was busy making make-up this week. I was only going to make black eyeliner, but once I got started, I was having so much fun that I decided to make a couple of containers of coloured eyeliner as well. I show you how to do this yourself in today's blog.


You will need activated charcola capsules and Castor Oil.


To make coloured eyeliner, you will need colour pigment. For a natural brown, you need only add cocoa. To all of these you could add activated charcoal, if a deeper shade is desired.


Empty the capsules in a clean small bowl.


Add some castor oil to the charcoal.


Add it in small squirts, although quite a substantial amount will be needed.


Mix well.


I found the eyeliner to not be dark enough to my liking.


I then added some super black colouring gel and mixed well. I now had a much more intense black.


Write your labels.


My first attempt was more of a paste. I soon learned that it was much preferred for it to be more runny. Pour the eyeliner into a small container.


What it looks like in the container. You can apply the eyeliner with a small round paint brush, or a make-up brush.


I then made brown eyeliner using cocoa.


I added some activated charcoal to make the colour more intense.


I also used blue pigment mixed with activated charcoal.


My initial tests before I added the charcoal.


I kept adding charcoal until I was happy with the result.


I mixed a green with activated charcoal. I really liked this mixture as an alternative to my usual black.


I then mixed magenta and was amazed to find how blue it appeared.


The results of my experiments lined up.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/KIsODUfsEbs


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment