Search This Blog

Monday 21 October 2019

Card Making: Focus on your Journey

Today we are going to make a fun card that reminds us that we are all to focus on our own journey. God has a plan and a purpose for each of us, some special reason for having created each individual, and that no one else can fill your space here on earth. Not all of us reach our full potential for God's purpose, and too often it is because we allow ourselves to be sidetracked by other people's journeys. This card is meant for a friend who have forgotten how special they are.


I start the card on one of these index cards.


I will be using this old music score paper on the card.


I lather the index card with Dala Acrylic Gel Medium.


I place the music score sheets on the index card and seal it with more Dala Acrylic Gel Medium.


Once dry, I crop the edges.


Then I paint the card a transparent Copper with Bianjo Acrylic Paint.


I use some die-cuts from the Signature Collection from Art-by-Marlene.


I use an Artline marker to draw a border around the card.


I use 3D squares and tape to lift the die-cuts off the card.


That concludes the construction of the index card.


I use a white sheet of A4 cardboard as a card.


I use a bone folder to fold the cardboard in half to form a card.


I use Washi tape to create a border at the top of the card.


I use double-sided tape to adhere the index card to the card.


Then I use an Artline marker and a tearing ruler to create a wavy border around the card.


That concludes today's card making project.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/IZTw1B19Hbs


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment