Search This Blog

Friday 18 October 2019

Card Making: Finding Peace

In today's blog, we are going on a journey of inner healing when making this very special card for a friend. The purpose of this card is to support a friend who is temporarily struggling in dealing with life, to show that we are there to support them. We do a number of fun things when creating this card, chief of which is to decoupage with used teabags!


We start the card on one of these index cards.


I have already dried and emptied out some used teabags. I will use Dala Acrylic Gel Medium to decoupage with.


I lather the card with the Gel Medium.


Then I layer the teabags on the card, one at a time. Each time, I paint a layer of Gel Medium over the newly added teabag.


Once all the spaces are filled up, I give it a chance to dry.


Once dry, I crop the overhanging edges.


I then draw a map to find inner peace, using a Pigma Brush tip pen.


I mount some acrylic clear stamps on a Chiswick stamp block and use a Ranger Adirondack stamp pad to stamp some images onto the map.


I add a hand drawn frame with a Neon Color Pen.


I colour the stamped images with Giotto markers.


The index card is now ready to go onto the card.


I find a pink coordinating A4 sheet of cardboard.


I fold the cardboard in half with a bone folder, to create the card.


I find matting paper in my Reflections paper pad.


I crop the matting paper to size, using a Dala Craft Knife and metal ruler.


I use double-sided tape to layer the pieces together.


I stick down a Washi Tape border.


I trim the overhanging edges.


I add an interesting old stamp as an embellishment.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/odlTRoeyEno


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment