Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 October 2019

Card Making: Bloom at Life

Today we are making a beautiful card for a lovely young lady who is blooming into life. We decoupage with serviettes on cardboard and use a number of other nifty tricks to create a stunning card to please any girl's heart.


I use these index cards to kick start the card making.


I will decoupage this serviette onto the card. Remove the backing of the serviette.


I lather Dala Acrylic Gel Medium onto the card. Then I lay the serviette in place, rubbing out all air bubbles. Then I lather another layer of Dala Acrylic Gel Medium over the serviette. I leave it to dry. I use a Pro Art brush.


I crop the edges of the serviette where is hangs over the edges of the index card.


I find a Chizwick stamp set and mount these on Chizwick Stamp Blocks to stamp with.


I use Ranger Adirondack ink to stamp with.


I spritz Dala Fabric Spray over the card.


I let the wet fabric spray run in some places. Then I let the index card dry.


I find a pink A4 sized cardboard to use as a card.


I fold the cardboard in half with a bone folder.


I find deep pink paper stock to matt the index card onto.


I crop the paper to the required size using a Dala Craft Knife and metal ruler.


I use double-sided tape to adhere the different pieces together.


I then find some lovely die-cuts to use in Art by Marlene's Studio Collection.


I use Dala Craft Glue to stick the die-cuts down.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/XlK-mydt5kc


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment