Search This Blog

Friday 5 April 2019

Art Journal: Wise Old Owl

In today's art journal blog, I remind myself that God is the source of all true wisdom. I will waste my own time and energy if I try to make sense of this world and all its problems, while failing to consult God in the choices I make on a daily basis.


I start this journal entry on my usual black paper with a white polycolor pencil.


I draw the outline of an owl for this journal entry.


I journal the wording for this entry with both a silver as well as a gold pencil:
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
For let not man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."
James 1:5-8
How often I wish to discern, to comprehend, to make sense...? Let me not forget Who the source of all real wisdom is.


The layout at this stage.


I colour the owl in soft pastels, starting with the lighter areas.


Then I move to the darker areas.


I add detail to the feet and beak.


I work on the eyes.


Then I use a black charcoal pencil to define the feathers and detail on the owl.


I spray the whole page with artist fixative to prevent it from smudging.


The completed page layout.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps shared above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/DeZC3GQMUhs


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment