Search This Blog

Sunday 17 November 2019

Jewelry Making: Red Crystal Necklace & Earrings

We are stringing yet another set of beads to make a necklace in today's blog. As is normally the case, I also make a set of matching earrings to wear with the necklace. Today's set is a lovely warm red one, just in time for the Christmas festivities. We use crystals to offset the beauty of the red beads.


I start with the earrings, setting out the beads as I like and getting two head pins to string them on to.


I find some seed beads to string in between as spacers.


The beads are slipped onto the pins.


I use round-nosed pliers to bend the ends of the pins into loops.


I hook some jump rings into the loops of the earrings so that they will dangle more freely. I also get some French hooks.


The French hooks are looped through the jump rings.


The completed earrings.


I now arrange the beads for the necklace.


I will be using thin wire to string the beads onto.


After stringing the beads, I loop the one end of the wire over a jump ring and slip it back into a crimp bead. I crimp the crimp bead shut with pliers.


I cut the other end of the wire free from the role and end it the same as the first end.


I then slip a lobster clip through the one jump ring.


That concludes the making of this simple jewelry set.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/ztpSjuKJZ-s


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment