Search This Blog

Thursday 7 November 2019

Card Making: Leaving

My heart is sore for myself. My crafting buddy is leaving. She has been made an offer she could not possibly refuse. Sadly, this takes her very far away and our drop-in coffee visits are rushing to an end. Of course I am happy for her. This is the best thing that has come her way in a long time. So, I mustered my courage and I made her a special bon voyage card to wish her all the best for her new ventures.


I start this card making project on an index card.


I use Dala Acrylic Ink to paint the card a bright yellow.


I then ink up a kitchen utensil with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


I use the squared utensil to stamp the index card with.


I then find some rubber stamps with leaf motifs and I stamp these into the stamped grids.


I use a Pigma Brush Pen to highlight one of these stamped leaves.


I use a ProMarker to highlight the remainder of the stamped leaves.


I then use a Faber-Castell Pitt Pen to write the sentiment on the card.


I do some more stamping with Simply Gorjuss Stamps.


I then add some detail to the edges of the card with another Pitt Pen.


The index card is now ready to be mounted to the actual card.


I find a coordinating yellow A4 cardboard sheet to use as a card.


I use a bone folder to fold it in half.


I then find a sheet of green paper from my Reflect Paper Pad to use as matting for the index card.


I crop the matting to size, using a Dala Craft Knife and a metal ruler.


I ink the edges of the index card with Distress Ink.


I then smudge some Distress Ink on the matting as well.


I use double-sided tape to layer the elements onto the card.


I then find this stamp set by Creative Talents to use on the card.


I use a Chiswick Stamp Mount to stamp the images onto the card.


I use Fabric Tape to add interest to one of the corners.


I glue fabric buttons to the card, using Tombow glue.


The completed card.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/nR6TpF2m4AQ


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment