Search This Blog

Saturday 9 November 2019

Card Making: Melodic Birthday

Today we will be making a card for a musician friend. I love the musical theme, as I am sure that most of us do, and therefore this card is great fun. There is a lot of layering, stamping and even some die-cutting involved with making this card. I walk you step by step through the process, as usual.


We start the card on one of these index cards.


I scribble three shades of Faber-Castell Gelatos diagonally across the card.


I wipe these with a wet-wipe to blend it.


I find some Chiswick Clear Stamps and a Chiswick Stamp Mount to stamp onto the card with.


The stamp pad is an Adirondack by Ranger.


I add some sentiments with a Croxley Milky Pen.


I then use Tombow glue to add some golden embellishments to the index card, before I am done with it and ready to move on to mounting it on a bigger card.


I find a yellow A4 sheet of cardboard to use as a card.


I use a bone folder to fold the cardboard in half to form a card.


I then find some coordinating pink paper to use as matting under the index card.


I crop the matting to size with a Dala Craft pen and a metal ruler.


I ink the edges of the matting with Ranger Archival Ink.


I also ink the edges of the index card.


I then use double-sided tape to layer the elements.


I wish to add a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment which I will die-cut. I will use a sheet of my Scrap Booking Paper collection to cut the sentiment from. These are available from the Crazy Store and are inexpensive.


I will be using this Kaizer Craft die to cut the sentiment with.


I cut the paper as big as I need it to be.


I layer some double-sided tape to the back of the paper. This will make it easier to paste the sentiment down after it is cut.


I put my sandwich through the Go Cut & Emboss machine.


The die has little holes in it to make it easy to pop the sentiment out.


Pull away the backing from the double-sided tape.


The card is done when I have pasted down the sentiment.


You can watch a compilation video of the above steps on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/nrrWDfMc9Sc


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment